PALEO ALMOND CHESTNUT CRUSTY BREAD
- 150g chestnut flour
- 200g ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Grease and line with parchment paper a loaf pan.
- Mix the chestnut flour, ground almonds, sea salt and soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the eggs until fluffy. Add the olive oil and honey and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. With your hands, knead the dough about 3-4 minutes, until completely combined.
- Spoon and flatten into the prepared loaf pan and drizzle with some olive oil over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150C and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before cutting.
Note: Inserting a toothpick into this bread does not work, as it will come out clean even if the center is still undercooked. That was my mistake with the first attempt.