1 small sweet potato, steamed or boiled, peeled and mashed
1 egg white *
1 tin of salmon, tuna in brine, or a fish fillet of choice (drained of liquid) **
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped***
1 tbsp self raising flour ****
*can substitute this egg white with 1 tsp chia seeds in 2 tbsp water (let this stand for 20 minutes) or with an egg replacer like the one from Orgran
**if you do not want to use fish you can substitute this for chicken, 1/4 cup mashed beans (butter beans or red beans work well), tofu or chickpeas (mashed)
***dill is a strong tastng herb that some people dislike, as a subsitute i’d recommend fresh corrander or basil
****you can use coconut flour, almond meal or really any flour, but add 1/4 tsp of baking soda or 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. in a bowl mix the tin of salmon, egg white and herbs.
2. add in the mashed sweet potato and mix well.
3. add the flour and stir well
4. roll into balls and flatten out int small disks (around 6 of them)
5. fry in a pan on low/medium heat for 2 minutes.
6. flip and fry for a further minute.
7. serve with 1 tbsp of Hellmann’s light mayonaise, a wedge of lemon, and a sprinkle of dried chilli.