Raw Cacao and Roasted Hazelnut Butter
This recipe will make about 1 cup of spread.
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 and ½ Tablespoons raw cacao powder (Regular Cocoa Powder works too but I highly suggest using raw cacao powder because it’s delicious)
- stevia drops or honey to taste I recommend stevia so you can have it more often (I used 20 Drops of Sweetleaf SteviaClear)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place hazelnuts on parchment lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in oven at 375 for 13-15 minutes, shaking occasionally to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove hazelnuts from the oven and place in a dishtowel and rub together vigorously until most of the skins have come off. (some wont come off)
- Place hazelnuts in food processor and pulse until you begin the hazelnuts are coarsely chopped.
- Process until smooth, stopping occasionally and making sure your food processor isn’t on fire. (It will get smooth I promise just keep processing and scraping down the sides every so often)
- Once smooth add stevia, vanilla and raw cacao powder and process until fully incorporated. (Start with a few pulses to make sure you don’t create a huge plume of cacao powder smoke so that you actually get that cacao powder in there)
- Pour mixture into container and store in the refrigerator. (I used miniature mason jars for these and they look great and make a perfect gift)