- Vanilla Maple Granola
- 1/2 cup per serve
- preparation time
- 10 minutes
- cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups mixed gluten free cereals (combination of buckwheat groats, millet puffs, amaranth puffs, rice flakes)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts (or suitable nut of choice)
- 1/3 cup rice or pea protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew nut butter (or suitable nut paste or seed paste if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
Lightly grease a square pan or baking dish. In a large bowl combine cereals, seeds, nuts and protein powder.
Place the maple syrup, nut or seed paste, oil and vanilla on the stove to melt together.
Once combined add to dry mixture and stir through. Use your hands to bring everthing together.
Tip mixture into the square dish and press down till firmly packed. Bake in a an 180c oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow to cool, and then break up into rough pieces. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge till ready to use.
To serve, place in a bowl and top with banana or other seasonal fruit of choice. Lovely with with a creamy milk of choice or yoghurt.