- 3 gluten free pitas (I found great low calorie ones in the gluten free freezer case at whole foods)
- 1 bag of 16 oz shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 can of 15 oz garbanzo beans- drain and split
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp goat cheese crumbles
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Over medium heat heat 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil in a non stick pan. Place cabbage in pan with balsamic. Mix ingredients, lower temperature a little, cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor place half of chickpeas, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tbsp of cilantro and mix.
3. Remove cabbage and drizzle with honey, set aside.
4. Clean out the skillet, lightly dust pitas with olive oil and toast each side.
5. On a greased cookie sheet place pitas and spread chickpea mix evenly on pita. Distribute cabbage evenly among each pita. Then top with remaining chickpeas, sprinkle with cumin and goat cheese.
6. Place in the oven for approximately 6 minutes, or until cheese begins to soften and melt.