- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 T maple syrup
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup room temperature plain soymilk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flax + 3 T water, sit 10 minutes)
optional toppings: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, whipped coconut cream, unsweetened shredded coconut, walnuts, maple syrup, dairy-free chocolate chips
Makes 4 waffles.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine soymilk, vanilla, flax egg, maple syrup and coconut oil (add the melted coconut oil last because it will start to solidify if it sits with the other cooler ingredients).
Keeping it simple.
3. Add wet to dry and stir to combine.
4. Heat and spray both sides of your waffle maker and pour 1/4 of the batter on at a time.
5. Top waffles with desired toppings and enjoy the beginning of your perfect Saturday!