Author: Rachel–Almonds & Avocados
- ½ cup oat groats (whole, unprocessed oats) or rolled oats
- almond milk
- ¼ cup grated apple or pear (optional)
- 1 Tbs. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbs. liquid sweetener (such as coconut nectar, maple syrup, or honey) or 10 drops liquid stevia
- ½ Tbs. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- chopped nuts, for topping (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, coconut, etc.)
- fresh fruit, for topping (such as banana and all types of berries)
- If using whole oat groats (pictured), soak in filtered water overnight. This will help soften the grain and also make it more digestible. Rinse and combine with the remaining ingredients except for the toppings, adding almond milk to your liking. Stir all ingredients together and allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust spices and sweetener as needed. Top with fresh fruit and nuts, more almond milk (if desired), serve, and enjoy!
- If using rolled oats, combine with all ingredients except for grated apple/pear and toppings. Add enough almond milk to cover by about ½ inch. Allow oats to soak overnight in the fridge. In the morning, stir well and add the grated apple/pear and more almond milk to your liking. Taste and adjust spices and sweetener as needed. Top with fresh fruit and nuts, serve, and enjoy!