Serves: 8 bars
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa (or approx. ½ cup dried quinoa cooked in 1 cup of water)
- ½ cup pecans, half ground and half coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, pulsed in the food processor
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, pulsed in the food processor
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tbs. ground flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup dried fruit (I like to use cranberries, raisins, and goji berries)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 banana
- 3 Tbs. almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup or raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper so that the parchment extends over the sides OR grease the inside of the pan with oil
- Combine all of the ingredients (quinoa through dried fruit) in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the dates, banana, almond butter, and maple syrup/honey in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and use a spatula or spoon to fold everything together. When thoroughly combined, the ingredients will stick together.
- Scoop the ingredients into the baking pan and use a spatula or the back of a spoon to press down into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until brown on top.
- When done, remove pan from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing the “cake” from the pan.
- Slice into squares or bars and enjoy!