- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (from about 2 ears of fresh corn)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large Tbs. fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
- ⅛-1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped tomato for garnish (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- This soup couldn’t be any easier to prepare! Blend all of the ingredients except for the corn in a food processor or blender until smooth (you may want to stop while it’s still a little chunky).
- Add the corn kernels, reserving a couple of Tbs. for garnish, and pulse a few times (or blend on low) until the soup is blended, but it still has texture.
- Set the soup aside for a approx. 15 or 20 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Serve and garnish with remaining kernels of corn along with the tomato, cilantro, and extra pepper, if you prefer.