Mint Chip Banana ‘Ice-cream’
Servings: One bowl (About 1.5 cups)
- 2 peeled, frozen bananas
- 3 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (add less or more depending on how strong you want the mint flavor)
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa nibs if desired
1. Remove the bananas from the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
2. When the bananas have a slight give to them, place them in a high-speed blender with the dates and mint leaves. Begin blending on low for 15-20 seconds and then on high for an additional 30 seconds. Be careful not to over blend, as this causes melting. If melting does occur, you can place the ice cream back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
3. Stir in the raw cocoa nibs with a spoon until they are evenly distributed.
4. Garnish with an extra mint leaf and an extra scoop of cocoa nibs. Enjoy!